Nestled in the heart of the Himalayas, Old Manali is a quaint and charming village that is a favorite among travelers seeking a laid-back and peaceful vacation. Here’s everything you need to know to plan your visit to Old Manali.
Old Manali is located in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh, about 500 km from the state capital, Shimla. The best way to reach Old Manali is by road. You can take a bus from Delhi or Chandigarh or hire a private car or taxi. The journey takes around 12-14 hours and is a scenic drive through the beautiful mountains.
Things to Do
Old Manali is a perfect destination for those seeking peace, serenity, and natural beauty. Here are some of the top things to do in Old Manali:
- Explore the Village: Take a walk around the village and soak in the local culture and way of life. Old Manali is known for its narrow lanes, wooden houses, and traditional architecture.
- Visit the Temples: Old Manali has several ancient temples, including the famous Manu Temple. These temples are a great place to learn about the local history and culture.
- Trekking: Old Manali is a great base for trekking in the surrounding mountains. The trek to the famous Chandrakhani Pass is a popular route.
- Relax by the River: The Beas River flows through Old Manali, offering a perfect place to relax and unwind. Sit by the river and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.
- Yoga and Meditation: Old Manali is also a popular destination for yoga and meditation. There are several yoga centers in the village that offer classes and retreats.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Old Manali is from March to June and from September to November. The weather during this time is pleasant, with clear skies and warm days. However, the monsoon season (July to August) can bring heavy rainfall and landslides, so it’s best to avoid visiting during this time.
In conclusion, Old Manali is a charming and peaceful village that offers a perfect escape from the chaos of city life. Whether you want to explore the local culture, trek in the mountains, or simply relax by the river, Old Manali has something for everyone. So, pack your bags and head to Old Manali for a memorable vacation in the heart of the Himalayas.